Hole in the Wall is a private, family-owned fishing retreat in one of the most serene locations in the world. Located in Nootka Sound, this floating lodge on the West Coast of Vancouver Island is surrounded by the sheer beauty of Mother Nature.
This listing includes two Licences of Occupation — both are 30-year terms with 20 years remaining. These licenses are renewable upon expiration.
Overflowing with Salmon, Halibut, Bottom Fish, Spot Prawns, and Oysters
The lodge began 15 years ago with one family’s desire to have their own sport fishing lodge. The large clan wanted to fish in an area abundant with salmon, halibut, bottom fish, spot prawns and oysters — all within view of the front door.
Located on a 32’ x 24’ floating platform. It’s a 48’ x 24’ two-storey facility that has everything from a wood-burning fireplace to a bar to a full kitchen.
Guests can watch TV, do their laundry, or enjoy the lodge’s fully loaded front porch. With four bedrooms on the bottom floor and three on top, guests find they have everything they need to be comfortable in this home away from home. Additional amenities include a storage room for extra gear and a dry room to control humidity.
When designing a floating platform, every detail has to be planned to perfection. During the construction of the lodge, nothing was overlooked. The results were extraordinary: a land-based lodge literally could not offer additional conveniences.
- Water: The lodge captures rainwater from the metal roof and stores it in six 500 gallon tanks. In other words, it’s impossible to run out of fresh water.
- Extra bedrooms: There are extra bedrooms at the back of the lodge. One is outfitted with a Queen and the other has space-efficient bunk beds.
- Another float: Hole in the Wall features an extra 16’ x 28’ float that contains a generator, fuel/propane tanks, a fish cleaning station, wood shed, holding tank, and two more freezers.
Qualified investors should note the following:
Where is Hole in the Wall Private Fishing Retreat located?
This little corner of paradise is in Nootka Sound, Tlupana Inlet, British Columbia, Canada.
What licenses do the family owners have?
The family has two licenses for the property”
- Floating Recreation Cabin License #893241
- Private Mooring License #109439
Both licenses are for 30 years with 20 years left. These can be renewed after the 20 year time limit is up.
How long does it take to get to the property?
It takes 40 minutes to get to the property by boat or just a few minutes by float plane. West of Gold River the boat goes through a protected bay east of Nootka Island. (This is the same bay where Captain James Cook landed in 1776.)
What are the lodge’s fixed assets?
- The building is 48’ x 24’ (1,252 sq. ft.) with a 10’ x 18’ covered deck. The overall size is 32’ x 85’. The facility is a 2-storey custom built structure with metal roof, vinyl siding, and cedar plank decks. Supported by thick, high-density foam.
- The main floor has four 10’ x 10’ bedrooms. The full kitchen includes propane double ovens, stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, eight person dining table, and coffee maker. The laundry area has a stacking washer/dryer, dry room, and storage area. There are two full bathrooms on the first floor.
- The upper floor has three bedrooms, a bathroom and a large storage/office area that runs along the entire side of the building. Currently, two bedrooms have Queen-sized beds and the third bedroom has two twin beds. The living room features a bar area and wood stove. It is fully furnished. Additional amenities include television and internet.
- The main floor also has a mechanical room for an inverter, gauges, batteries, and electrical system. The lodge features hot water on demand and a water pump with additional storage.
- Domestic water is made possible by rain water collected from the metal roof and stored in six 500 gallon tanks. These tanks are built into the floats located below the main floor. The lodge’s waste system complies with lessee terms and includes a holding tank with a macerator pump & propane tanks.
- The covered porch deck includes a BBQ, deep fryer and two picnic tables.
- The property includes a second float measuring 16’ x 28’. It houses a 13 kW Isuzu generator, fuel storage, tool room, storage room w/freezers, and two additional bedrooms. Construction of both buildings is 2” x 6” w/vinyl siding and metal roofs.
Is this property a ‘total turnkey’?
Yes. Investors are getting all furniture, appliances, dishes, and cutlery. Excepting the owner’s personal effects, the buyer is getting it all.
Has the property been well cared for?
Yes. The property has had regular maintenance and is in excellent condition.
A Treat for the Senses
This specialty property represents a wealth of opportunities for qualified investors. In a world that’s stocked with screens, private retreats like this are becoming coveted by people from all walks of life. This is a place to enjoy the peace and quiet in the midst of incredible scenery. From well-seasoned fishermen to families who just want to get away, this lodge is an oasis that can satisfy multiple needs at once.
For a comprehensive information package, please contact Irv Ridd at Cascadia Pacific Realty.